Sign in to follow this  
outlaw

Need pricing opinions

Can you guys help me out with pricing on this job. I have to die cut  (1) 12 foot wide x 18 inches tall piece of Oracal 951 White, one color only, 2 lines of basic block type cookie cutter text that total the 12' x 18". The tricky part is it has to be installed on to a blank area of a pre exsisting metal sign that is mounted on a roof top, one story off the ground on a slightly angeled roof. The customer has a extention ladder on site, I used it to get up there and measure today. What would some of you guys charge for something like this with the install? If it matters I am in the Baltimore / Washington DC area. Thanks in advanced.

This type of job you would price per letter as everything else is already there. How tall are the letters as I see you put that its two lines of text.

Side note, it would be a good idea to invest in a ladder if you plan on doing any more signs. There's nothing more unprofessional than having to ask the customer to borrow their equipment.

I have ladders, he already had one set up to get on the roof when I got there to look at it and told me I didn't have to bring one when I came back to just use his. They are a small business and very laid back. I mostly do vehicle graphics, I guess my real question is how much more would you charge since it is on a angled roof as opposed to on the ground on the side of a vehicle. It's not so steep I need to tie myself off but it is steep enough that caution is going to have to be exercised.