Sign in to follow this  
espy

Feed Problems with Copam 2500

My copam 2500 has been working great with Flexi using the Graphtec driver I mentioned in a previous post, however it recently started doing some strange stuff.  Sometimes when cutting a job, the cutter will make a friction-like grinding sound, and when it does it does not advance the vinyl, however the cutter head thinks that the vinyl has been advanced, and therefore throws the cutting off....and cuts over items that have already been cut.

I noticed that this primarily happens when the cutter goes to feed more vinyl off of the roll...as if the pinch rollers were strong enough to roll the vinyl off...so it grinds, or skips..etc.  I Checked the rollers, and they are for the most part friction free, and very free-rolling...so I can't imagine why the cutter would be doing this..but I've messed up a couple of big jobs becase of this....and I need to get it fixed.

marcel...can you please call me regarding this...I think that there may be something wrong mechanically with the cutter I have...because it all of the sudden started doing this, and it seems as if the rollers just don't have enough strength to feed vinyl from the roll....which is a huge problem when you're cutting a large job.  I really love this cutter for the most part, but I just need to figure this one aspect out..and since I've only had it for a couple of months, it should still be under warranty.

Marcel is no longer working for uscutter.You need to send kenimes a personal message so he will get it when he first logs on in the morning.

Go to the members list and in his profile is an email contact.Just click on send personal message.

I got her message and have responded with a resolution........hopefully.

;D

I would not expect a New machine to do this, but I had her make sure she unrolls some of the vinyl before cutting (loosen it up), so that the tension from the vinyl roll is not causing this action. Also had her make sure the vinyl roll was seated ON the rollers, and that she had not put one of the roller through the vinyl roll for feeding.