Sign in to follow this  
uniquevinyl

Help with Logo and #

Hello,

I have tried to vector this and haven't had much luck due to the engine turn color in it.

I'm trying to recreate the # an the C&C logo.  I will be doing the same engine turn and red outline.

Thanks in advance.

post-27011-0-52449300-1395793204_thumb.j

Um, you're new judging by your post count. I don't have time to help with it right now but this is something simple enough that you can trace it by hand. I assume you are using SCALP as your design tool but I think you can get it done even in that program. With the picture in the program I recommend rotating it to a normal view and you should be able to decrease the opacity to about 50% then lock the layer and start a new layer. Use the pen tool and draw right down the edges of the number and letters. The welding you can probably find a very similar font to either substitute or use as a base to modify and tweak. Try Impact as the font. I would even try using a cap C and just grab all the nodes except the far left and slide the rest over to recreate the C's as well. You might try downloading Inkscape, it's free and will handle this better than SCALP will. 

I had a few extra moments to play. This isn't perfect but may be close enough to get you by. It will at least give you a starting point.

CCWelding.eps

• Like 1