Sign in to follow this  
firemalt

Job quote... on a BIG job!?!?

Over the last few months I've learned some basic skills on how to quote jobs... but I haven't been faced with this, until yesterday.

I have a customer who wants 1000 - 2"x6" decals. I've already decided that I'm going to sub the job out to a local sign shop that has a vinyl printer cause I don't care to put that kind of wear and tear on my machine, plus I have used them before and time is an issue(on my part). I know I won't make nearly as much as I would if I did it myself...

I'm thinking they will quote me roughly $0.80 per piece without weeding or apllication tape.

I want to give the customer a discounted price for such a large order, but make a little profit at the same time(of course)... so, I'm curious what some of you would charge per piece? You can post here or PM me, if you would like... thanks for the suggestions in advance!

I think if you're going to weed, application tape, and cut it yourself, then estimate how long it would take to do that too.

The cut part is fast ... it's the weeding time that usually kills me  ;)

There wouldn't be any weeding, other than around the 2"x6" box... I'm going to have the shop use printed vinyl.