Sign in to follow this  
swaneejuggalo

what should i get for my first cutter

Im thinking of the USCutter LaserPoint 24 or the Creation PCUT 24 i want to use it for making vinyl graphics and would like to get into stencil making for sandblasting and airbrushing.I mod xbox360s one of these could really open up alot of possibilities thanks for any input.

Unless you plan to do alot of diecutting that requires the laser, the P-cut is an excellent machine. I bought one as my first cutter and I love it.  ;)

Either maodel suit your needs just fine... I, like many here, have a PCUT and are quite happy with it.

I haven't used the contour cutting on it yet, and am not sure if I'll ever have the need, but I got the (LaserPoin) LP 24 anyway ... partly because it has the media bin. Others here complain that the cutter won't cut the vinyl when it's done with the job, but honestly I would rather cut it myself anyway. I wasn't sure I would need the media bin at all ... but three months after getting my LP (for personall hobby purposes) I actually got a paid job. The longest run was a little over 6 feet. I'm glad that I got the bin - saved the vinyl from picking up the hair from my dog on the carpet.

That's just my 2-cents.

BTW - WELCOME to the forum!!!

Thanks for help im going to go with the LP24.Just the mention of a cutter and i got about 10 aspiring paid offers (i have a lot of freinds in bands/music)and thats not even why i wanted it but who can argue.

Just don't tell them how much it cost, and you'll be able to sell them some stuff and get the cutter paid off in no time  :)

I'm happy that my hobby is now starting to pay too. I realize that I should have got one a long time ago.  ;)