blowndeadline

Vinyl loading. Oracal 651 15"

I am very new to this whole die cutting thing. I was tired of paying tons of cash for stencils and vinyl graphics to i figured, I'm a graphic designer by trade why not create my own artwork and cut my own stencils/graphics?

I purchased a SC Series 24" cutter.

I also purchased a roll of Oracal 15"x10' as well as some Avery yellow Paint Mask 24" wide.

I figured out the cutting depth for the blade for each type of vinyl. I may buy another blade holder and set each one up for each type of vinyl, makes it easy to swap between the material.

I am curious, how much vinyl should I pull through the back? I have tried different lengths and I always seem to waste 3-4 inches . Also, should I start the vinyl all the way to the right side of the cutter, under the head? I have also tried different positions  and still waste vinyl.

Any suggestions?

Also, what's the difference between WYSIWYG and the other option ?

Thanks for any help and or suggestions!

on my TC cutter I usually load my vinyl about an inch or so past the blade holder.. there is a little lip where the vinyl tends to hit and get caught up otherwise.. 

i start my rolls to the right side, but it doesn't really matter where you put your roll as long as it's under the rollers fairly evenly and you set your origin point.

do some browsing on the forum, there's a ton of great info

I leave only 5/8" past the blade when i start a cut. My sc cutter has no issue with that. And i start on the right side 1/2" from the edge.

Doesnt matter where you put the vinyl like he said above after you set the origin thats where it will start. Make sure you have the correct mat size as your roll of vinyl in your cutting software.