Sign in to follow this  
Benr98

Copam not feeding backwards

We turned on our Copam to make some cuts tonight and the vinyl is not feeding backwards.  It would normally scroll forward and backward to set up for the front registration feed and it's not doing it.  Any help......PLEASE.

Jenny

The Copam is hooked directly to the desktop computer via USB and we've never had a problem till now.  It's not a driver issue, I definitely believe it's in the unit itself.

Ok, FIXED the problem..................WHEW!!!  My husband  was able to find the issue and fix it with what you wonder?? MASKING TAPE....LOL  ;)

Thanks anyways

Jenny

Well it may have had nothing to do with his experience, but I would not have guessed it.  He was cutting thermoflex in black and the laser wasn't seeing thru as the backing was black, so it wasn't registering the vinyl even there.  All other black vinyl we've cut had a white backing.  By putting a piece of masking tape on the underside of the vinyl, the Copam was able to tell it was there.....weird huh??

Yeah, just a quick fix if anyone else has that issue.  Once the Copam notices that masking tape piece it seems to use it as a registration point.

Jenny