Sign in to follow this  
Guest gracewriter

Can I take an eps and bend it?

Guest gracewriter

I really hope this can be done.  I'm making  my first sign.  It's an oval shape.  I have a really cool graphic I need to follow the edge of the oval.  If I could bend it to fit, I'd be in heaven.  I'm using signblazer.  I know you can make an arc and have words bend to fit it but can't figure out how to get a graphic to bend on the outside of an oval.  Hope I'm being clear, just wish I spoke your language better.

Thanks in advance!

Guest gracewriter

That's going to be a little challanging, but I'll try.  Seems I have to convert it to a jpeg or something like that to get it to show up here.  This may take a while but I'll be back when I figure it out.

Guest gracewriter

I forgot the whole sign was there.  I deleted everything accept the oval (white background/black border.

Next I'll try to upload the graphic I actually want to follow the black border all the way around.

I don't think this can be done.

Guest gracewriter

I hope this makes it.

This should be the correct one.  I still can't see it but apparently you can.

10.EPS

10.EPS

Guest gracewriter

thanks.  Just wish I knew how to (or remember how to) turn a signblazer file or eps into a jaypig.

Are you looking for something like this? I used Manipulate + Distortion + Arch to bend your border.

sign.SBD

Guest gracewriter

Ah, yes I get it!  Forgot about the distortion feature.  Yes this is what I'm trying to do but put it inside the sign.  No doubt that can be done as easily as you put it on the ouside.

Thanks!

Guest gracewriter

Tykite,

When I try to export I click jpeg but can't find a place on my computer that will let me save it on.  I click my C Drive and still no luck saving it.  Is there a magic place that'll accept the exported file?

Guest gracewriter

This really helped.  I was just opening a file and not selecting the image. 

Thanks!