Sign in to follow this  
Beardown

ARE you pleased with your plotter ....?

I was thinking about picking one of these up, are you happy with your purchase? If you could go back would you do it again? Please let me know

I have been doing embroidery for the last couple of years.The embroidery business is a tough sell with the way money is right now.I saw these cutters on ebay and I thought I would buy one to see what I could do with it.In about three months,I have sold more vinyl just sitting here in my shop than I did going out and trying to push my digitized desgins.I have ordered a 4 meg upgrade for my cutter " named-R2D2",and sometime next year I hope to buy the large cutter they sell.I have put many many hours into R2,and he hasn't let me down yet.To me,these cutters are the best cutters for the money!But that is my own personal opinion.I think another strong point for these cutters is the fact that they are affordable enough that someone can buy them even if they aren't sure about how to use them,or worried about selling vinyl.You can buy a roland or summa or another name brand for thousands of dollars,but these cutters use a lot of roland parts and don't cost thousands of dollars to get you into a business.

Bill

Thanks I ordered a 25" just to get started with. My sister owns a 50" Roland that she paid $5,000 for. SO iI think that I got a good deal just over $400. So I should be receieving it soon. I will have my sister come over and set it up for me and do some run throughs .I will let you know what she thinks as well.

Glad to hear that you are in the embroidery business. I myself own a custom T-Shirt shop and am looking to expand. I thought that I would go with the Vinyl for now and them get a embroidery machine as well. My Mother has a $10,000 machine (I do not know any details about it) it is huge though!

I relized getting into this business that it is best to ask questions first rather than to jump into a situation. I learned that with my T-shirt Press. I paid over $1,000 more than I should have. You can get a nice t-shirt setup for $1,000,at least to get you started. I'm just saying this is why I was asking questions about these Plotters.

I am glad to hear that you are happy with your machine. I too hope all is well with mine !!!

I am sure that I will be back soon to ask some more questions !!LOL

Again thanks fior your help !

Beardown

I have been doing so much better business wise with my cutter that I have stared shutting down a couple of my embroidery sites.I will probably sell my 6 needle "the Wookie" machine after the first of the year.I see no sense in keeping a machine that takes up one third of my shop and not making me that much money.Besides,I can buy a lot of vinyl stock with the money when I sell the Wookie.I think most of the problems people have with the cutters is actualy the software the is used to create the designs.They can only do what they are told.If they aren't cutting a nice straight line,it's usually because the design does not have those nice straight lines when it's sent to the cutter.When you do a large design,zoom it in and look at it to make sure it's the quality you want.And another thing I have found is that if I run the design on plotter paper with a pen before I run a cut on vinyl,it helps to make sure the design is the way I want it before I cut the vinyl.It just saves money on vinyl and it saves wear and tear on the blades.If you need any help,this board is really good at helping you out.

Bill

Thanks alot Bill, I have a feeling that we will be talking alot here.. Well probaly me just asking and you answering !

But thanks again

I bought a 25" MH721 Model ....

So i will update you when I receive it and get it going !

Thanks Again Bill !!