Sign in to follow this  
Vedwin

CorelDraw to SignBlazer

I'm really new at this.  Every time I try to import vectorized images from CorelDraw to SignBlazer, I get the message "Cannot import this file.  This is an invalid CMX format."

I am also not able to vectorize JPEG images from CorelDraw in SignBlazer.  Everytime I try that I get the message "This is not a monochrome image.  Cannot vectorize."

Can anyone give me some advise?

Thanks

to vectorize in sgnblazer, select your image, click image, click mode, monochrome, click image then vectorize.

Thanks for helping. I was able to vectorize a JPEG image.  I haven't been able to paste a Corel image onto SignBlazer.  I tried to do a clipboard paste, but nothing happened after that.

What am I doing wrong?

Are you converting your design to curves in Corel, before saving it as a cmx file?  I ran into the same message you did in SignBlazer and that was the cause.  Try going back to corel, open your design, click on arrange, and select convert to curves.

this is an old thread but im going to add to it, I found the best cmx to save it as, for importing to signblazer was cmx 5.0 at the bottom of the list in my corel 11 the cmx at the top of the list didnt work well for me

while in corel select what you want to copy - make sure it is uniform fill, no outline - convert to curves and copy and paste in sign blazer - make sure to move the copied image to the square work space in sign blazer before you cut...