Sign in to follow this  
WiL1978

Skins

Anyone attempted to do any Skins for Phones, Etc.. Is there a secret to this.. or is it trial and error? Ive seen some programs out there, and wondered if anyone has tried them, or knows if any of them are any good.. There seems to be a market for this stuff, so.. I have had many folks ask me for Carbon Fiber (Textured) skins.. but how do you fill that request without exact dimensions? Just thought Id ask you guys.. Thanks in advance..

Get with someone u know that has a phone and design it.

There are skin templates out there but I have found there not correct.

mark-s

• Like 1

I did a trial and error on my S4 Galaxy last night.. good thing I have tons of scrap.. 3 times, and soooo close, yet, still not right.. then again, if its not perfect, it will annoy me.. so I kept starting over..there are programs available, just wasn't sure if anyone used any of them..

by the way Marks-s... Your Signature... Spot On!!

I think the problem is there are so many different companies making the cases and each one seems to be different even though very slight, thats why sublimation is the best bet.  Not sure how a carbon fiber one that is printed would look.  I may have to try one when I am slow...

• Like 1

Only thing I have done was a set of tiger stripes for my kids wii remotes. They turned out fine, did one in green and one in red. I just placed the remote on a flat bed scanner and used the image for a template and it worked great. Curved surfaces on a phone might make things a bit more interesting.  

• Like 1

Here is a pic of one of the wii remotes. This is Oracal 751 and they have lasted WAY longer than I would have thought. I am sure you could figure out something for a phone.

post-20133-0-76881500-1377474336_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice remotes, no Wi allowed in this house since my nephew bounced hits remote off my 52inch LCD.