Sign in to follow this  
rudeboysaude

Why does it outline the paths on import!! ARRGGG!

I made a very simple vector in Illustrator with just lines I want Signblazer to cut.  Every time I import the file into Signblazer it turns my paths into outlines.  I want one cut along the path I drew out in illustrator and it fattens that line into a stroke with two cuts and it's pissing me off!  I saved it in every file format under the sun and every version and Signblazer still outlines my path.  I even turned strokes off on the file but then Signblazer doesn't import anything.  WTF!  Can someone tell me what the hell is going on otherwise I'm done trying to use this program to cut with.

A.

So what you want is just the outside line to cut? If that's what you need fill in that shape in illustrator otherwise it will continue to cut both sides of the line. Save you rfile as a Illustrator level 8 eps file and import into signblazer.

If I'm not getting what your saying post a jpeg image of your file. I don't have Illy or SBE here at work.

Hmm..  So you say if I just fill the areas with a color it will be fine huh?  I'll give it a shot, I'm up for anything! Thanks for the idea because I'm losing hair trying to figure it out!

A.

Yeah, as long as the line does form a solid closed shape just fill it in, don't use the stroke.

What do you want option 1 or 2, white being the color of the base (were you will apply the decal).

post-1068-12986516715371_thumb.jpg

post-1068-12986516732809_thumb.jpg

Just making a note to bump this up and enable me to find it because this is a very good point.  I have had very similar problems when trying to do 1 and 2 and have had to get other people to fix it and didn't know what they did.  Thanks!