Sign in to follow this  
TomiS

Help with MH721 install

Hi!

Got a used MH721 and I am trying to make it work on my laptop. I am not exactly idiot at computers and have never in my life had such problems with something like with this thing.

I tryed folowing the guide http://start.uscutter.com/mh/7 but the problem starts at step 7. In the Picture you see that computer found Other devices/USCutter series but on my computer all I get is USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM12). Now I don´t know what I am missing but it seams there is something missing in the guide?!?

Any ideas or a better guide? :)

Thanks!

Tomi

Hi!

Got a used MH721 and I am trying to make it work on my laptop. I am not exactly idiot at computers and have never in my life had such problems with something like with this thing.

I tryed folowing the guide http://start.uscutter.com/mh/7 but the problem starts at step 7. In the Picture you see that computer found Other devices/USCutter series but on my computer all I get is USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM12). Now I don´t know what I am missing but it seams there is something missing in the guide?!?

Any ideas or a better guide? :)

Thanks!

Tomi

Worked a Little bit more on the problem.. realized that I probably have Mk1. and that I cannot use this tutorial.. I used this

but it is still not working.. I am out of ideas now.. looks like it will never work.

Some help someone?

Here's the settings on my MH721, not sure if it'll be any help?

MH721setup_zps8e01d842.jpg

Yes, the SignBlazer setup shows COM 3,  so your computer has to also have Com3 (not Com12)

By the way, you aren't using a Creation PCut cutter, you should be using a RedSail driver.

By the way, you aren't using a Creation PCut cutter, you should be using a RedSail driver.

Yes, you are quite correct. When I installed the software for the machine the 'RedSail' driver didn't come up as an option. There was an option of a 'Refine MH721' driver but this led to various software conflicts. By trial and error I found the 'Creation PCut' worked perfectly. The machine has now clocked up around 900 hours and performed faultlessly (hope I'm not tempting fate!). I've got through a fair few blades during this time. The only minor issue I've had was not being able to earth the machine, there's not a single part of the machine that's earthed and I'm reluctant to take the power input off to check out the wiring, perhaps one day.... ;)

I am using the UK version of SBE, and it has RedSail listed.

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

Anyway, the solution should be found within your COM settings on the laptop.

Control Panel -- System (Properties) -- Hardware tab -- Device Manager -- PORTS --  [[ right click -- properties ]]  and verify that's correctly set to COM3