fourthsyde

Online Store

Here's another free solution:

http://virtuemart.net/

It sits on top of Joomla, which is also free.  In fact, you can get the install with both Joomla and Virtuemart together (Joomla! 1.5 eCommerce Bundle).  After looking at the various recommendations for carts...and also doing my own research for other options, I thought this one looked the most robust (of the free options).  I just installed it...and it is really slick.  You can even have it install demo data to see how it all works.

Edit:  I've now had more of a chance to play with it...and it rocks.  There are so many options, it took a while to work through the screens to figure out what was what (Because Joomla is a Content Management System (CTM) with all of its own configuration settings while Virtuemart integrates very tightly with it).  Looking at Joomla's site, Virtuemart is their favorite pick for shopping carts.  I can see why based on what I see so far.  Best of all, it's all free.

I have been trying zen cart, oscommerce, and Agora today and I just can't do it.  I usually can figure that stuff out.  But not today. 

I have an external paypal program that I have been messing with the last few weeks.  Its very basic and I haven't put anything online yet.  So I really don't know what its going to look like.

I found OS Commerce to be very easy to use once I learned how to operate it and it didn't take that long.  I only ran into one snag with it.

Once I put up another site, I'll probably use it again.