Sign in to follow this  
USMC3225

4' x 4' reflective sign

First time needing some help pricing a job... I just landed a contract with a natural gas company doing there signs (well contract pending this job). I need to come up with a price for 10 4' x 4' signs using Oralite 5500 reflective. The signs have basic lettering and a 2" reflective boarder. All lettering and boarder are reflective. The signs will be placed on aluminum base. I was going to use Max-metal from Grimco. Never have done a job this large with such high stakes. Pricing help and any tips, tricks, or donations welcome... :rolleyes: Thanks for the help in advance.

20.00 per sqft min!!  you can get your maxmetal cheaper if you have a tubelite close. theirs is call elite composit at 46.00 per 4x8 it will save alot of money.

me i would print them on my printed then just mount the whole sign at once. but if you dont have or have access to a printer you wil just have to cut them. look up clean cut blades you are gonna need them.

20 per sqft actually sounds really good to me right in around my profit margins. Sounds a little high to me since they only need them hung for about 5 days during the project, but gov regs say they need them sign put up or the fines will cost them a hell of a lot more.. I do use clean cut blades wouldn't use anything but.. Thanks for letting me know about tubelite. I will be sending them my application for the esales tomorrow to see their prices and what shipping might be. The closest location they have to me is about 4 hours away in NJ. I used to have a local supplier that gave me really good deals on Alum. but he retired and I had to resort to Grimco for a lot of things. I just hate paying their shipping charges.

oh, did you say Government job?  Then just take you highest number and multiply by 10 and you will still be the low bidder!   :D

• Like 1

lol.. I know right... Its not a government job but because of permits that the company needs it needs to meet certain government requirements because they will be obstructing a waterway with frequent small craft travel. I sent them over a quote. Thanks for the input it really helped.

• Like 1

I did a fair amount of sales to Government years ago.....

SO.... Also know that you will likely not be paid for over 60 days

And xpaperman was right.....  charge them more.... and you will still get the job

Charge them out the @55 in September and October.... that is when they are reaching the end of their fiscal year and they always have surplus money they have to get rid of or they can lose it from the following years budget.  

I used to work for a company that did government work and we would rake it in that time of year.... they would have use sell them stuff in advance.  Meaning, they just wanted to pay us and get the invoice.... the work could be carried out whenever.......  Tax dollars at work

Charge them out the @55 in September and October.... that is when they are reaching the end of their fiscal year and they always have surplus money they have to get rid of or they can lose it from the following years budget.  

I used to work for a company that did government work and we would rake it in that time of year.... they would have use sell them stuff in advance.  Meaning, they just wanted to pay us and get the invoice.... the work could be carried out whenever.......  Tax dollars at work

Sad but oh so true....

And even worse, they spend every single dime in their account, because if they do NOT, their budget is likely to be cut the following year....

*What a Country*  ;D