Sign in to follow this  
brooklynpark

Starts cutting fine, then not cutting enough?

Hi again.  I'm such a newbie.  You all have been so wonderful.  I just can't say enough good things about this support here.

Well, I'm progressing.  Now when I went to cut a 6" x6" detailed lettered design.  It cuts great the first 25% of the design, then gets less, and does not cut through.

Copam 2500.  Signblazer.  Cutting Card Stock paper for testing now.  Set at 20 speed and 100 pressure.  Put in a new blade.  Did two designs, both did the same thing.

Any suggestions?  :-

Interesting - I think my problem is - tighten the nut that holds the blade holder.  Then I noticed I went to cutting 10 mil mylar, and it(blade holder)  lifts up when processing the cut.  So being that it is plastic, I am careful to tighten it really tight.  But it is still lifting up.  Pressure used was 420 up to 500.  Is there something else?  I have checked the white plastic cutting strip, and don't see any bowing up.  IF I don't get enough pressure, then the cut starts off fine, but then goes to No cut. 

Here is some questions that might help me resolve this.  Would the blade offset being at 25 be the problem?  I am using a Clean Cut Rold 45 blade.  Should the offset be 45?  I am cutting the mylar at the slowest setting of 10.  Also have tried several blades.  The Copam is new, a week old, so are all the blades, ect. 

I did a small stencil about 2" x 3" and it came out fine, but tring to do a 2" x 8", it just doesn't cut after the first couple of inches into the design.  Thanks for any suggestions or help.  Melinda