MadHatterGraphix

DTG Printers.

I was asked by dakotagraphics to start a thread/ topic about DTG printers due to I have experience with the printers. Lets talk about how to set up the printer, programs, and artwork, and how to maintain and trouble shoot issues . Admin or moderators if you wouldn't mind making this a permanent topic please do so. Asks questions and lets help each other out.

so what are the maint that needs done - are they easy to maintain - cost to maintain, etc.  anything to watch out for when buying one?

Maintenance:
Always keep the capping station moist with distilled water or I use DTG cleaning fluid.
You should always print something once every other day even if its a line pattern check.
If your using bulk ink always shake the white ink due to it chemically breaks down.
I clean the heads once every 100 to 200 shirts due to dotting build up on the heads.
Pretty much that's what I do and don't have issues accept when I left it for a month cause of family issues. However with aggressive cleaning I got the lines clear and the heads clean and it worked beautifully. So many people play the gloom and doom game with these once the ink is dry. Yes it's a lot of work to get it operational but it can be done.