Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

High Speed Line Question

Guest Terry

If I'm on a high speed line and I'm logged in to this forum, and I close my browser... Am I still showing up as being on the board?

Well while typing this I thought just go to another computer in my room and look.  ;D never mind. ;)

when I close my browser in Myspace, I have to sign back in when I open it again. No idea about this forum but probably the same/

Guest Terry

Ok, just tested it. I have a KVM switch on my computers, I switched over to the other computer and I saw my name on the board as being signed in. So if I don't log off I'm still showing my name as if I was on.

Guest sciondrgn

The admin options you can set the timer to update showing members. .default is 15 minutes so you once there is no activity by you, it will show you online for 15 minutes before dropping your name off the list.  It can be set to 1 minute to be more accurate.

Guest Terry

The admin options you can set the timer to update showing members. .default is 15 minutes so you once there is no activity by you, it will show you online for 15 minutes before dropping your name off the list.  It can be set to 1 minute to be more accurate.

Oh, cool. I know you have a setup like this forum right.

Guest sciondrgn

yup sure do.. Been using SMF since like 2000  ;)

and yeah it can be changed in the admin options by one of them