Sign in to follow this  
SurberSigns

roland pc600

Has anybody on here used a roland pc600 I found one locally from a couple for $3000. The lady said her husband is too ill and they need to sell it. I am looking to get something to print large quantities of decals. I have a 800 sticker order coming up I thought it would save some time if I had something similar to the pc600.

They even told me I could give them payments on it.

Anybody have feedback for this machine?

What all maintenance does it need besides making sure the heads are cleaned. Hows the ink costs and film?

From what I understand the printheads constantly fail causing banding in the print. The printhead is around $600 I hear.

$3000 would be way too much for the printer - they pop up on eBay from time to time and usually go for around $1000 or so.

The ribbon cartridges are hard to find and when you do find them they aren't cheap. Also they take forever to print. You can look on youtube

for some videos.

Roland PC 60-600 heads last about 2 years cost is $750(need to clean the heads every time you print, by hand) and you have to send to Roland, they are the only ones that have parts.

They are very old machines great for printing on chrome and print white inks, small runs.

Run of 800 i`d out source it to some one that has a digital printer.

mark-s

mark is right. keep your money!! if you need to sub them out pm me and i will let you know what i can do for you. i have a roland sp540v and can print anything you want

oh boy.....

what about something like this?

http://orlando.craigslist.org/pho/3673202522.html

The terminology confusion stems from HP's using the term 'UV Ink' to describe their Pigmented Aqueous ink for the Designjet5000/ 5500 printers. It is not UV ink as commonly referred to today for vinyl printing, but is water-based pigment ink.