Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Printer maint.

how often do you do your maint.  Like swab around the heads and capping stateion (about once a week here)

replace your wipers (they recommend every 6 months but I have gone almost a year)

wiper scraper  (every other wiper replacement here)

replace your cap tops   ( again the recommend every 6 months but have gone a year so far)

replace your mist sponge  (evry 6 months)

replace your waste sponge under the wiper station  (the reason for this thread - I just found this one)

Dampers  ( did when i replaced head)

how long have your heads lasted before replacing - I have 1 original and 1 about 11 months on this printer)

encoder strip

trailing cable for print heads?

Please share so we can learn from each other.

how often do you do your maint.  Like swab around the heads and capping stateion (about once a week here)  Every day prior to printing on the JV3, Every other day on Mutoh

replace your wipers (they recommend every 6 months but I have gone almost a year) 3 months on JV3, 6 months on Mutoh

wiper scraper  (every other wiper replacement here) 

replace your cap tops   ( again the recommend every 6 months but have gone a year so far) Replaced the maintenance station in the JV3 last September

replace your mist sponge  (evry 6 months)

replace your waste sponge under the wiper station  (the reason for this thread - I just found this one)

Dampers  ( did when i replaced head)  of the 8 on the JV3 have replaced 12 in the last year, not yet on mutoh

how long have your heads lasted before replacing - I have 1 original and 1 about 11 months on this printer) 4 new on the JV3 last june. Mutoh new printer in july

encoder strip Never a problem in either

trailing cable for print heads? Replaced all data cables in the JV3 approx a year ago

Please share so we can learn from each other.

Other than that just clean ways and slides every few months. I do wipe outside of all areas weekly for dust and any contaminants. Do feed calibrations every time I run a new media and new custom profiles for color matching every new media and check frequently via spectrovue VM-10 and also my pantone color cue. 

Thanks Mopar - I somehow missed the sponge under the wiper station on the newest printer - have replacements coming in this week.  I am sure your machines are a little busier than mine right now!

I haven't had my printer long enough to do most of the maintanance on it yet.

Swap 1-2x per week, depending on usage

Wipers and cap tops - replaced 6 months after I got the printer (part of the 1 yr service contract from the dealer - bought a demo unit from them)

Heads - dealer put in new printheads before delivery, so ~8 months

Haven't done anything else with my printer - I'm sure I'll be asking questions when I need to replace more stuff

• Like 1

a well maintained printer is a happy printer, making for a happy owner.

anymore tips anyone?