Todd O

Need some help

Hello

I bought a creation cutter a couple weeks back.While I was waiting for it I downloaded a trial version of sbe on my pc with win 98,worked fine seemed very easy to use.When cutter showed up I hooked it up to that pc,after a few issues  getting it set-up right(found most answers on this forum )it worked fine for what I was doing.I had another pc coming with xp pro on it so I waited to install the software until I got that computer.

Now with it installed and activated on this pc with xp pro,I have run accross some isues,When I try to expand sometimes it doesn't expand smoothly,jagged edge around text,sometimes it doesn't expand at all.

When I go into distort,it won't let me click on the lil boxes that you move it with,I can't move any lil box on any of the differant distort functions.

I thought about downloading another trial version,not sure if it would let me or not,not sure what I should do short of installing it back on other pc.

Thanks

Todd

Have you tried updating your SBE? I don't know if the is a version difference or not.

I have been doing it the same way as in other thread except copy and paste,tried that still does the same thing.

I'm trying to outline,or 2 outlines,or maybe a outline then a shadow.

On the distort, you need to select the type of distortion then click OK. Then you should be able to grab the points to do your distortion.

It looks fine except even if I make the work space real big,"dow" of shadow hangs out of the work space and shadow doesn't extent out of workspace.I click on node edit and same thing, looks like just scribbling with pencil,then when I select it gets lines just going differant directions.

The files I posted above,the black lines that just go side to side wasn't there until after I hit node edit and then back to select is when them lines came about,only thing was the outline on letters that had a curve to it was jagged.I can outline a square with nothing wrong.

Distort,the last few times worked but now again doesn't.

When I try to distort,I know I have been clicking ok because it doesn't turn red to move until you click ok.

I know it's a hassle (asking for new activation code) but have you tried un-installing SBE and re-installing it. may be a corupt file somewhere.

Why do you want to make the work space "real big". The current version of SignBlazer has a 32 meter limit. Maybe this is the problem you are running into.

It is usual to set your workspace to the size of the Sign you are designing.

I didn't resize his file,but nomatter what size I made my workspace "dow" of the word shadow would hang outside of the workspace so the actual shadow of the word shadow would not be there I'm guessing because it's outside the workspace.

I used the trial version I downloaded no problem,designed lots of differant things,differant sizes,1 outline,2 outline,1 outline with a shadow.

I have reformatted this computer,xp pro service pack 2,originally didn't even have service pack 1,not a bootleg copy,installed norton antivirus.

Uninstalled and installed SBE 3-4 times,tried unistalling and installing free trail version off of website.I've tried everything I could think of more than once and still does the same thing.

Bruce helped me find that my cpu had some kind of fault in it.Installed a trial copy on another pc and works fine.Just gotta figure out if I'm keeping the other pc,fixing the old one or come up with another one.

Thanks Bruce