Sign in to follow this  
laserman70

questions about doing shirts?

How do you do a 2 color shirt using a cutter?  I am thinking about getting into shirts do to demand.  Is their a cost effective printer that applys ink that can be transferred?  thanks for the help

Here is the answer to your first question

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php/topic,3339.0.html

About the second one, you can either use inkjet or laser printer transfer sheets or you can get a DTG orinter (Direct to garmet) which is a huge printer to print on garmets just like a home printer (just larger) but they cost a LOT and its technology isnt fully perfect.

Joe

so i can use my color laser printer and print on the laser transfer sheets then use a press to put it on the shirt?  I dont need dye sublimation toner or anyting like that?

Right. If you have a Laser printer, get some laser printer transfer sheets and print your designs. The only thing is that you will be able to press light colored shirts only, unless there are dark transfer for laser, but those are not too good.

Joe

Joe appreciate all the info. I will order some today. thanks

No problem, if there is anything else you need to know just ask.

There are dark transfers but it is really just printable vinyl, you have to trim it to your liking or the white will show. Iron-All for Darks is pretty good, as far as light colored garments order some Sof-Stretch from coastalbusiness.com, you wont be dissapointed! If you can find it for your printer use pigmented inks also, they work better than the more common dye inks.

Zal