Sign in to follow this  
keith

New and need advice on low cost templates

I have been cutting simple decals for local dirt racers for a year now, mostly to support my on dirt racing forum DirtRaceFans.com. This year, some drivers have ask me to cut the vinyl for their entire car.

My question is where do I find basic car tempelates for these older model mostly american made cars to use as a background to show my design?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Keith

I will usually just take pictures of the sides of the customers car to apply vinyl to. Then import those to your cutting software.

If you take measurements of some reference point (Length of a door along a body line or similar) you can scale it in your designing software so you know how big to make it.

• Like 2

^ what he said, I always take a yard stick with me and tape it to the side of the vehicle. Then when I open the file in illustrator I know exactly how big my artboard needs to be and scale it just so. Just remember to remove teh image when you do your final save otherwise you'll have a monster of a file. It also helps to separate everything once finished and organize them in a fashion where you can cut them and minimize waste at the same time. That way you transfer tape and apply one by one. That's how I do it and it hasn't failed me yet *knocks on wood.

Good luck