I have a lasercut 24" I have had it for about a year, I got a new computer with the windows 8 os & I cannot get my cutter to work now,  It does not recognize that there is a cutter connected via usb. 
I use the program Make the Cut (a lot like Sure Cuts Alot) but I also have Sign Blazer, neither is recognizing the cutter.  Please help

I have tried to troubleshoot

Did the disable signature method to download the driver & my computer says it downloaded but no cutter available in the programs

I'm having the same issue. I did find on the us cutter support page in the knowledgebase tab a tutorial about " Driver not installing on windows 8" I think the driver doesn't have a signature which window's 8 will not allow. They show you how to deal with this issue. I'll be trying it out tonight. I hope this is a fix for this problem.

Rich

I am un Win8 Pro and using signblazer and it works just fine but I also no longer use USB as it was giving me lots of issues with cutting larger stuff so I switched to the COM port on my computer and no longer need rivers and I have yet to have a failed cut, well, except for 1 but that was a static issue that took out my z-chip in my cutter.

In a few topics there is talk of a USB to serial (or serial to USB, cant remember) adapter that people seem to be having great luck with. Maybe that would help.

I've always had issues with MTC recognizing cutters...so I just use it to export whatever I design as an EPS file...then use other programs to cut with.  It's only an extra step or two...never tried SignBlazer with my current cutter, though.