Alillowr

Newbie Shipping question

I have a Decal that is 5 by 24 inches that I need to ship out.  do you recomend folding or rolling the decal up (application tape side out) in order to ship? :huh:

It is 5 inches by 24 inches I wont be able to fit into an envelope flat, so I guess I will just roll it up like you mentioned application tape side out.  Thanks for the reply

Guest sciondrgn

Ive done both flat and rolled up depending on the size.. If you have an ebay account you can order free priority mailing boxes of all different sizes and I generally use those if it goes over the envelope size

I do have an ebay acount.  Would you give me a link to where I can get those free boxes.  Free is definetly always well within my budget.

Guest sciondrgn

Hehe didnt know that ;) With ebay there just branded with ebay name on it alongside the post office one :huh:

Yeah and it's easier to order through ebay,BUT they don't offer the TUBES which is what I use for banners and its really best for rolled graphics. You can get a 36 inch tube and a 24 inch. You can roll some pretty large gaphics in one.

What is the average price difference with shipping priority mail versus normal ground?

Thanks for the link, looks like I will be ordering some boxes and envelopes  :huh:

Guest sciondrgn

Yeah and it's easier to order through ebay,BUT they don't offer the TUBES which is what I use for banners and its really best for rolled graphics. You can get a 36 inch tube and a 24 inch. You can roll some pretty large gaphics in one.

Yeah I was looking at those.. That might come in handy

It all depends....I can ship UPS from here to California  cheaper than I can the Post office..BUT I can ship cheaper via the post office within my own state. With the post office,the weight is the thing. But as long as you keep it under a pound it is a flat fee of $ 4.60 anywhere in the US. What I do,is I printed out the post office rate chart so I know how much it will be...when I go to print my postage, I try UPS first. You get the rate BEFORE you confirm and pay. Whichever is cheapest,I go that way. I save sometimes $30 a week or more shipping UPS over the post office on heavier stuff.

HOWEVER you need to consider insurance too. UPS covers the first $100  But the Post office charges you $1.65 for the first $50.

The cool thing is,if you print your postage through Paypal (which is SO easy) after awhile you get discount rates from UPS. The other PLUS for UPS is you get a definate delivery date and you can TRACK...with the post office,you are out in the cold in that area.

Oh,and if you print postage through Paypal you get delivery confirmation FREE. That will save your butt when some a-hole claims he never got that $100 job you sent and wants a refund. ALWAYS get deliver confirmation when you ship post office and REQUIRE insurance.

Yeah I was looking at those.. That might come in handy

well,for FREE you have nothing to lose. And they are VERY sturdy and hard to accidentally come open/