Sign in to follow this  
george234

Aligning vinyl on SC cutter

OK, I am new to this, I try to align my vinyl according to the marks in front and back the best I can, the vinyl tracks a little crooked...

There are RED "slider tracks" the width in front and back. are these for some kind of sliding alignment adapter.

There has to be a better way to keep the vinyl straight. especially in long pieces...

thanks

george

I don't use any reference.

Get the roll on the rollers and very lightly pull through until is just starting to unroll.

Clamp it down and then run it out while watching the edges.

If it starts to track closer to one of the rollers, adjust slightly, run it back (while watching again)

Do this until it tracks right.

Slight adjustment make a lot of difference.

Make sure you roll out at least what you need for the cut and leave it loose. Don't roll the roll to tighten it back up. The shock of it trying to unroll will probably knock it out of alignment.

Gets a bit frustrating sometimes, but you get the hang of it pretty quick.

My SC only has the red slide track int he front. That is a guide for your cutting tool when cutting your work off the roll to weed. I havent had a problem with the tick marks. Are you sure your using the same ones front and back? I use the 13th tick (3rd long one) from the right almost all the time.