motoxchic

Bad bubbles with vinyl on vinyl

I did a small bumper sticker size logo today and ran into a problem. It is a gray rectangle with the lettering over it. I transfer taped both together with the only 6" I had (Greenstar clear tape). Not sure if that was the problem, or if I should have laid the gray box on the substrate first, THEN the lettering separate? I have a second one to do (and probably this one to RE-do, so I want to make sure I get it right).

Basically around all of the black and red where the transfer could not completely stick bubbled. :(

bubb.jpg

If I am applying it, I will do one layer at a time. I seem to get bubbles if I try to stack the vinyl before application.

I am going to try that on the second one today. Does that also apply to something like outlined text? ie, a solid white first layer outline with a color on top?

same here.. I usually layer the colors individually depending on the size of the job.

The second one, done separately, worked perfectly. I have not really tried layering a multi color piece yet. Was going to practice on our construction co logo. So you generally dont do RTA layered stickers?