Kelleybell123

I Need Your Input Please

I posted this in the Corel forum but wanted to give everyone a chance to offer their opinion on this. The more the better!

Ok so tell me Im wanting to buy a complete "set" of sorts & I need you all to give me your opinions on if its a decent deal or should I pass. Now Im nowhere near a pro but I want to get started in selling decals & bumper stickers & things like that and figured this would be a good "STARTER" set. It all would cost me about $1000. Here it is: Thanks to any of you who can chime in! :)

Heat Seal H312

Roland Camm 1 cx-24

HP Designjet 2500 CP (also has about 5 or 6 extra ink cartridges)

PC and software (this is what I found Corel 9 on also comes with something called Design To Prodution ??)

Did I ask a question I shoulnt have on this site? I was hoping someone would give me an idea on if this was a good starter package for me. Thanks so much in advance I really do like this site. There alot of talented knowledgable people here & I would value any input I get.

I am sorry I had missed this post-

The cutter isn't terrible- it really depends on its shape and condition.

The laminator is a small 12" pouch lam and I guess would work but really can get a better one for continued use.

The printer is an inkjet that would be ok for interior or very short term prints- and wouldn't work out well for long-term car decals.

Corel 9 is very out of date, doubtful if not positive it isn't supported by corel anymore- and wouldn't use anything less than 13 *(X3)

It really depends what the owner is asking for the package, at a $1,000 it seems a bit high unless the printer is working and prints a good head pattern then I would offer 8-900.

Yeah I knew all of it was old but now Im thinking it might just be too old. So...Here is the other option I have...I can get the Black Cat Cougar or The new Silver Bullet 24" (mainly bc I want to also do paper crafting with it but MOSTLY for the contour cutting I understand that it does)

and get a ciss system for my Epson 1400 or even buy a WF 1100 and a laminator of some sort later for a good price. Do you think at this point that is what I should do (the second option)? That combo should do decals pretty good right? Thats what Im leaning towards at the moment. Thanks again for any input.

I am not sure I know anything about those other 2 machines. I would say the Roland would probably be a better machine than the other 2 as Roland/Graphtec are the top machines on the market IMHO.

What is your budget?

I really dont want to spend more than $1200 but I want the most "bang for my buck" when I say that I mean if Im going to buy a vinyl cutter why not buy a craft cutter too that will do alot of other things also like making greeting cards & even a bit of engraving. I already have a pcut630 so I have a vinyl cutter now but just wanted to see if I could get one that would have the laser eye that helps contour cut. Thats what I understand the Silver Bullet/Black Cat cutters will do also. I wasnt quite sure about the Roland Camm 1 cx-24 up there b/c I understand some of them have the laser eye & some dont so I was going to test it & see when I go take a look at that set up on Saturday. (Even though I also heard that you can contour cut using it with signcut ) I dunno alot about this stuff yet as you probably can guess Ive only done a few things with the pcut actually so I dunno alot about alot you could say,lol. I sure do appreciate that you are actually trying to help me I am disappointed others on this site havent tried.

I really dont want to spend more than $1200 but I want the most "bang for my buck" when I say that I mean if Im going to buy a vinyl cutter why not buy a craft cutter too that will do alot of other things also like making greeting cards & even a bit of engraving. I already have a pcut630 so I have a vinyl cutter now but just wanted to see if I could get one that would have the laser eye that helps contour cut. Thats what I understand the Silver Bullet/Black Cat cutters will do also. I wasnt quite sure about the Roland Camm 1 cx-24 up there b/c I understand some of them have the laser eye & some dont so I was going to test it & see when I go take a look at that set up on Saturday. (Even though I also heard that you can contour cut using it with signcut ) I dunno alot about this stuff yet as you probably can guess Ive only done a few things with the pcut actually so I dunno alot about alot you could say,lol. I sure do appreciate that you are actually trying to help me I am disappointed others on this site havent tried.

You can also purchase Flexistarter10/with contour cutting for about $130 or less on the big auction site. You don't need a laser , It will turn most any vinyl cutter into a contour cutting machine. Registration marks are measured from the blade in the center of the registration marks. The Flexistarter 10 software controls the contour cut.

• Like 1