Sign in to follow this  
punkaroos

pulling my hair out

Hi everyone.  I am new here and to cutting and designing. the software seems to be my biggest challenge.  wanted to start by making a basic disign of an impca car to put on a t-shirt.  i am taking it i have to have certain software just to open some images that i have been finding in someclip art programs that you all have suggested.  can anyone tell me where a novice who doesnt even know what a grid is can start?

What software do you have? I have SignBlazer and it can import most image file types but some have to be vectorized before cutting. What type of clipart are you trying to cut? If it is Microsoft clipart (.wmf) you can copy from word or other program and do an Edit + Clipboard paste into SignBlazer.

i do have signblazer. and i downloaded inkscape. i guess what i was trying to say is in the forums there are some graphics that people have placed and when i try to open them they ask me what software created it so i am assuming its something i dont have.  like i said i am new to this so maybe im going about it the wrong way. i thought an outline of a car would be easy for me to try my first time. ha!  the manual to signblazer is kind of confusing to me. Maybe once i learn what some of the terms are and what they do ill understand better. do you have any other suggestions for me on how to learn this program?

thanks i appreciate it.  :huh:

Guest sciondrgn

Most common you find around the net for download is .EPS or .AI files

For the .EPS file, For Signblazer you will Import these types of Files. They will not show up in the Open Browse box.  (File Menu then Import and find your .EPS file use Full Postscript Scanner for most files)

.AI files are Adobe Illustrator, You open them in Illustrator then you can save as .EPS to Import them into Signblazer

Hope this helps some!