geek

Best transfer tape?

Hey guys, what kind of application/transfer tape are you using? I'm using some plastic application tape I bought of eBay and I find it to be way too sticky and it makes it really hard to apply the sticker. Are there some good low tack tapes you would suggest?

Thanks.

I use Main medium tack paper tape. I make VERY large decals that need rolled up and shipped. 8'-12' long sets.

I used R-tape 4050 for years, and just like the way the Main paper tape lays better.

I'm new to vinyl cutting, but I've been using RTape Clear Choice AT60 and have had excellent results so far. This is assuming though that the vinyl is sticking to the target surface well. Most my applications have been on glass and smooth painted surfaces were the vinyl sticks very well. I haven't had problems on real small details or anything.

I really like the clear for when doing multiple colors (overlays)

http://www.uscutter.com/RTape-Clear-Choice-AT60-General-Purpose-Clear-High-tack-Application-Tape-100yd-RTTAT60

I use the Greenstar Paper medium tack for large designs that need to be rolled up for shipping, RTape AT60 medium tack for some smaller designs, and RTape AT75 high tack for almost everything else including small decals.

The AT75 has been awesome so far. Especially on matte colors and the metallic colors that medium tack just does not want to stick to. The AT75 also is grooved for easy tearing by hand and air channels for wet application. This is my go to app tape. But you will have to find one that suits your needs.

So is there a clear transfer tape that will work for matte finish vinyl materials because on the description for the RTape Clear Choice AT60 it says its not reccomended. I would like my decals to have a clear tape on them because I think theyd be better displayed like that. Thanks for any advice.

Well maybe you could try the tape that is used for Oracal 631 vinyl. That vinyl is all matte finish.

I'm not saying it will work, but you could purchase a small roll and try it. It is semi transparent..

http://www.uscutter.com/index/page/product/product_id/1755/category_id/14/product_name/ORATAPE+HT55+Decorative+Film+Transfer+Tape+for+631+Vinyl