Sign in to follow this  
thredz

Old Harley in metallic gold and silver

I just finished this piece.It took half a day to work it up,and another three hours to plot and finish out.It really turned out well with a sharpie poster paint gold and a fine silver.I ran the bags,seat,and handle grips in brown to complement the gold.It took almost an hour for the flexi program to seperate the colors.I started out with a 16 colors design,and stripped it down to 6 colors.

Bill

[attachment deleted by admin]

It was plotted on card stock,with sharpie pens.It's around 14 inches wide by 9 inches tall.

Guest fivestar

Alright Billy I have been trying to figure this out forever.  How do you get the lines to fill in?  I mean a cutter only cuts an outline but you have everything filled in.

I am using Flexi 7.6.  Please help as I have got a pic that I really want to try to do.

You have to set it to fill plot in the advanced tab of the production manager.You have to slow it down to 12 or 16 i.p.s. because faster speeds will dry your pens out and you'll have uneven lineage.It is also very time consuming.Most of the larger ones I have done ran between 1 1/2 to 2 hours.

Guest fivestar

You mean here in the attached pic correct?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes,but I would uncheck - advance after plot.It keeps you from losing your registration if you have to restart.You may also want to run a weed border for cut lines to matte and frame out.

Guest fivestar

All it does is "outline" the pic, it doesn't fill it in.  I am opening an image in flexi, the autotracing it then hitting cut/plot, is that the correct way?  Thanks for all your help.