Sign in to follow this  
mrrask

Gerenral question about vinylprinter and cutter?

Hi all.

i have som general questions about vinyl printers and vinyl cutters.

i am producing skins for some devices, but want to print on some of the skins, but how is it working? can i buy a wodeformat printers and then cut after the printing or how does printers and cutters work together?

thanks

• Like 2

If you get a printer/cutter then you can print and then cut without having to do any other steps in between. If you get a printer only then you need software and a cutter that will allow registration marks to be printed, then you would move the printed vinyl to the cutter and run it through its settings to find the reg. marks and cut the design. If you need anything printed let me know and I can print and cut for you for a good price while you're deciding what you need.

Hi highdef.

I already have a cutter plotter. What i would like is to print on foil, and then cut after some of my cutting models. i am using signcut pro x2. But if i understand right you said that i can first print on the foil and then cut. But i have to cut after the registrations marks? Do yiu know some place to find a tutorial/guide how to print and then cut with seperate cutter plotter and vinyl printer?

and can i just use a inkjet vinyl printer or what kind of printer do i need? :/

Thanks in advance.