Sign in to follow this  
prodyno

Cutting through Logo

Been using our cutter for almost a year now and finally got everything working right and our decals seem to be a breeze. One thing I have started noticing last few days or so is that the blade is cutting right through the actual logo, just when it makes the outline around the entire design when it is about finished..the last line it cuts go straight through some of my lettering.

Is this an issue with the blade? I haven't changed anything with my design layout so I don't think that would be the problem...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I had this problem with my first cutter, one of the cheap ones from Sign Warehouse. I was told by their customer service people that the limited memory in their low-end cutters caused issues if you tried to send something too complicated and that I should turn off weed borders to make the problem go away.

I was able to manually add a box around the design to mimic the weed border and it was able to cut that just fine, so I'm not sure why the weed border was an issue?

You might try running the same cut again, but with the weeding border disabled to see if that makes your problem go away, too.

It was extremely frustrating to load up a roll of vinyl and cut a 2'x3' section of text and then after it's all done, have it run the blade diagonally across the entire design and render the whole thing useless. The 3rd time in a row that it did that was the final straw that broke the proverbial camel's back and convinced me it was time to upgrade to a more professional cutter and software configuration. I ended up going through 12' of vinyl to cut a 3' section of text, which isn't a lot of money, but since it was a job for a friend that I was trying to do as cheaply as possible, it didn't work out so great...