Sign in to follow this  
Guest Terry

Anyone use this????

Interesting.

Should be a great tool.

Don't see how they could patent it?

I collect old vinyl cutters and things associated with them.

I have a vinyl slicer/sprocketing machine.

This slits vinyl to 382mm (15") and punches holes along each side.

This is for the old Gerber vinyl cutters that used to sell for about US$30K each new.

It uses the exact same principle for slicing to the correct size.

So does every other machine i have seen for slicing vinyl.

Interesting?

Jerry from SignBlazer.

We use these on the RC planes etc.

They work great.

It's extremely important to get the monokote, ultracote, econocote or vinyl dead straight on the roller to get a perfect straight strip.

These use typical razor blades and they wear kind of fast.

Guest Terry

We use these on the RC planes etc.

They work great.

It's extremely important to get the monokote, ultracote, econocote or vinyl dead straight on the roller to get a perfect straight strip.

These use typical razor blades and they wear kind of fast.

So can I use it for vinyl? or just the other stuff? is it electric? do you turn the handle to cut, or do you pull the vinyl through it? I see it uses regular X-acto  blades.

I have not checked the price in stores around here, but here is a cheap priced link.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s7.cgi?cat_s=&age=&str=smart+stripe&sort_i=&show_i=&flag=&also_s=

So can I use it for vinyl? or just the other stuff? is it electric? do you turn the handle to cut, or do you pull the vinyl through it? I see it uses regular X-acto  blades.

I have not checked the price in stores around here, but here is a cheap priced link.

http://www.hobbylinc.com/cgi-bin/s7.cgi?cat_s=&age=&str=smart+stripe&sort_i=&show_i=&flag=&also_s=

Yes, they will cut vinyl.

These things are very manual.

Additional pressure is needed on the blade to cut vinyl and ultracote. Try adjusting it so that the tip of the blade is cutting and not so much on the flat run of the blade.

Xacto blades are a must. Cheap blades will simply make you pull your hair out.

You should have a local hobby shop. (You know the places where you can buy rc planes, trucks, cars etc) They should have one in stock.

This way you can simply walk in and look it over "hands-on" get an idea whether you'll like it or not, plus the benefit of saving s/h.  All my Local hobby shops have this for about $21.00 so you should come out cheaper and with out the wait.

Funny thing is. I got my Laserpoint to get away from this thing and your going towards it. lol  You may find it more useful for quick tasks... maybe.

Just FYI.. you can also cut monokote, ultracote (does the best) or econocote with a vinyl plotter.  NOTE: It is important to get a fresh roll as the "cote's" lose there tacky-ness from their backing sort of quickly. If you have a roll of one of these "cote's" do not even attempt to cut it in the machine in the area where the cote has come lose from it's backing. It will be a disaster.

Eric