I've been using my CP-2500 for 4 or 5 years and have never had a problem with it. Recently, I unhooked it from my computer to move everything out of the room so my floors could be redone. I just hooked it back up and cut some small jobs with no problem. Now I'm trying to cut a much larger job and it is slashing all through it. I've tried and re-tried all the connections, again, it is hooked up in exactly the same way it was hooked up before the flooring operation. I'm running an ASUS CG5270, Intel quad core processors with 8 GBs of RAM. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit. I could probably break this into smaller jobs and not have this problem, but it worked perfectly fine before and would like for it to do so again.

The cutter is connected via USB to serial conversion. I use Sign Blazer to cut. Please help.

Computer settings are the same. I tried switching USB ports when it first started happening and it would no longer even communicate with the CP-2500, so I switched it back to the original USB port.

hmmmm that is strange. I tried to do a google search to see if anyone else had a problem with that model, but i can't find anything...

hopefully someone on here can help you better than i can.

I think I may have found the problem. 2 days ago, an updated driver for the Com to serial adapter was released. I rolled back the driver and just did a test cut and there didn't seem to be any problems. I'll cut something larger later and see if it still works.

• Like 1