Sign in to follow this  
Carlcas

Screen Printing Prices....

So we are newer to the Screen Printing business...We purchased a 4 Color single Station Press, with a Conveyor to do the curing.

What I am trying to do is this...

Is there a way to break down exactly what it costs to do a shirt?

I mean someone has had to do this before right =)

The reason I am doing this is because we are setting up a deal with the pressman, That we will pay for all the materials and stuff...and we will pay him 50% of the profit. So we need to know what it costs to make the shirts so we can figure the actual profits out...so we can share them with him.

Any ideas? Anyone broke this down before?

Im too new to know how many avg shirts you can print with a quart of ink, how many screens you usually get out of a container of emulsion...that stuff =)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I have a standard price list that I use so I can't really help you with cost per shirt... but I can tell you that the number of screens a quart of emulsion will produce depends on how well you do at coating them, how well they dry before you burn them and rinse them out, and how they hold up during the printing process. I live in an area where the humidity is high, so we have to let our screens dry for at least 2 days with a dehumidifier running before we even think about burning them. If they're not dry enough when you burn them, you can blow them out during the rinsing process. And the number of shirts per quart of ink will depend, too - depends on how many colors you use in your designs, how large the designs are, and how large that color is on the design. I have some ink that we bought when we first got our press that we've only used a couple of times, and I've had to order another gallon of white ink already (and we've been printing just about a year). A good screen printing resource is Ryonet - they've got lots of good information on their website. It's www.silkscreeningsupplies.com if you want to check it out.

Have fun! ^-^

here is an easier way. just pay him per swipe. on all colors but white, because most whites take to hits. say 1.00 per swipe. that means a 2 color shirt would cost you 2.00 and so on. this makes it fair to them and you. cost in this business can very so much. you will drive yourself crazy trying to figure it out exactly for each job if you dont have the correct equipment to measure with.