Sign in to follow this  
arcticmonster

Questions and Questions about vinyl, weeding, cutting etc... from a newbie

I have a SC 34 USCutter with the greenstar starter package.

What I have found is that some of the cuts, some weed easy, others don't. and I mean this is the same sign cut multiple times.

Sometimes the vinyl doesn't seem to stick to the back part and wants to come out while weeding. So it leads me to this questions. Humidity play a role here?

Then I see the guy here who posted the crane holding the APPLE sign on the back of his Ipad. Same cutter as me and using USB, not serial. It seems his cut the details much better than me. I used the same speed and pressure he did. Seems me, it will rip and take parts of the vinyl when it cuts. There's a lot of sticking to the knife. I tried all 3 knifes that came with the kit.

again? HUMIDITY? it's very humid.

It seems Black and White vinyl are the worst to work with for finer details.

Here's a few pics. unweeded to show what I mean and a finished product.

the finished one is not quite finished, but you get the idea.

post-25326-0-84405100-1343817101.jpg

Pick up some DuPont dry film Teflon lube made for cutting blades.... I have used it for some time now.

What is your blade exposure at? You should only be able to see just the absolute point of the blade barely peeking out from the holder....

Dr12volt1338. I did readjust it this morning when I changed it for the other blade and only have a bit of the tip sticking out.

Then I had to leave for my real job.

Thanks for the idea. Going to look for that Dupont.

Girlfriend cut one with the new settings and new knife and it was worst. So i'll do some testing tonight with the other knife