uscolorprint

Printer/Cutter for round decals/stickers

Good afternoon,

Currently I print decals/stickers on my Epson Workforce 1100, printing on injet receptive vinyl. Sales are good BUT all decals/stickers are cut by hand (by me) using a nice solid 6" paper cutter after I apply a clear polyester film on them.

As my artwork is mostly old brochures and ads from the early 1900's to the mid 60's, by using the Epson, I am able to print the minor flaws in each ad. This retains the character of the ads, etc... I'm not sure about the quality of printer cutters if they would be able to duplicate the artwork showing these flaws.

My question(s) are;

1. Is it possible for me to print my own artwork onto my inket receptive vinyl using my Epson, creating registration marks and then have a cutter use these registration marks to contour cut ONLY the outside circle or square, recatngular edge. I do not want to countour cut anything inside the sticker.

2. If the above is not possible, is there a printer/cutter that has the ability to print the actual artwork (16 million colors - RGB)?

Currently I use Windows 7 and I use Corel Paint Shop Photo Pro X3 and my old standby, Paint Shop Pro 7. I have an old Adobe Photoshop 6 that I no longer use.

Money. I prefer to start out with something basic that will get the job done but affordable.

I've been printing t-shirts, mousepads, etc... since 1987 (sublimation and inkjet heat transfers) and would like to be able to print fullcolor onto dark t-shirts. I tried using opaque film some years ago but the prints cracked so I gave up that idea. Is there heat transfer material available that actually works on black t-shirts and sweatshirts printed and cut with a cutter???

Your comments are appreciated.

Looking forward to your comments.

Fred

Melbourne FL

Alice_caterpillar.bmp

post-25694-0-81073800-1341961160.jpg

The SC cutter will do that. This cutter is offered for $279 (24") at the US CUTTER website.