Sign in to follow this  
mopar691

Busy Year

Just bought 2nd printer today. The JV3 just cant keep up anymore. So keeping that one loaded with banner material and the new Mutoh for everything else. Plus the SS2 really bites into everything I throw at it so thinking keep it going for that reason. But it is stinky even when fully vented.

Ecosol from my understanding scratches pretty easy, can anyone verify this? I know my banners are pretty tough right off the printer and never had a issue, no need for any spray lamination that I have heard others use. But was always wondering.

Plus my print speed will be about triple!! whooo hooo.

Who knows, I may not need both with the increased speed so may have a Mimaki for sale here before to long.

Congrats on the new printer..I print on my Mutoh all day every day...They are work horses..I usually have not problem on scratches from my Mutoh..I just make sure my self healing table does not have any gouges before rolling the edges... Make sure you play with the profiles to know which one prints great on which material..The profiles do change the color of whats being printed sometimes...I found a couple good profiles on anothers web site that took alot of the magenta out of it so it won't print so red sometimes...I got introuble the last time I refered anyone to be more informed to another web site but bet if you check your companies support section you will find the ones I am talking bout..

What Mutoh did you get? I have the VJ1304 54" printer... Love mine is all I can say!!

Ya I have heard good things about them. I got the VJ1324. Stayed with 54" as my Mimaki JV3 160S is 64 but slow so anything bigger can go thru there.

And yes all new color profiling again. I was contemplating getting the spectravue but decided in the end not to. I have been printing for 12 years and using my own profiles and colors, using that thing might be to weird for me. But as always I am sure I will regret it and end up getting one anyway. I was just really unsure of its compatibility with flexi.

What do you use for a rip? I have thought about geting away from flexi but I think I am to far in with only using that for the last 4 to 5 years.

I have Flexi Pro 10..It has the rip and print feature...It hates really large files but theres ways to get round that as well...

I tweak a few now and then but found that if you go to the support section of the anonomous dealer...LOL... you can find some reallly great tweaked profiles from their technitions..Works great...

Ya I am currently using flexi pro also, although I am currently on 7.6, but with this I am getting new version, for just 500 more than upgrade I went to a new seat. That way If I sell the JV3 I can include my other full dongled version with it.

I will have to look at this anonomous dealers profiles.