Sign in to follow this  
mb20music

Two cutters 1 Computer both cutting same time using Signblazer

Hey I discovered something kinda cool sorta by accident. It is possible to have one computer hooked up to two

cutters and both cutting at the same time...with Signblazer.

One of the features of SignBlazer is the ability to have several copies of it open simultaneously.

So, sure, it would appear to be no problem to define different cutters in each of the open application windows and send them both out to be processed/cut.

Also it is nice not to have to go into Cutter Setup each time I want to switch to a different cutter.

The best way to keep things straight, is to change one of your shortcut icons to differentiate between these 2 different cutter-setup versions of SBE.

Now, when you try to do that, no alternate shortcut icons will be offered automatically (right click on the icon, choose Properties, and hit the Change Icon button in the dialogue, and you'll see ONLY the standard SB icons).

So, what's the secret?

Navigate in that Change Icon dialogue box to the following path --- (open SHELL32.dll)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll

Pick any one that you like.

That is a good idea... thanks but it is not really a "secret" - I have been changing icons since windows 95

Shhhhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone else, this is just between the two of us.

changeiconoffileandfolder.png

You know, to this very day, I really miss having a macintosh because of the amazing ability to change icons in the MacOS, and the fantastic assortment that's available on that system.