Dragonduster

vector from scratch or quick trace and clean?

yesterday i just cleaned an image that took me like 4 hrs to clean after using the quicktrace, the image is very big (26x29") and there were LOTS of nodes, i finished cleaning it today and i can say i got +1 in my ability to vector (my wrist can tell) if there were a customer that wants to vector an image like this, i wouldnt know how much to charge to vectorize it and weed it.

how do you guys weed something bit and that has all vinyl lines that needs to be removed connected between them? i had to do it by parts tearing apart some vinyl while removing them. here is the image

now the hard part for me will be to place the app tape >.< i always mess it with it.

post-24904-0-46626500-1339214393.jpg

• Like 1

Amount of nodes depends on what software you use to trace with.

Don`t know what software you use for node editing but most software have an auto clean up (simplify path)

Some times it`s easy to redraw.

If it was done right shouldn`t be any vinyl tearing when weeding.

mark-s

i used corel x5 since i know more about corel than inkscape, i did the HQ quality one since the other options didnt give me the image i wanted.

when i was peeling off the vinyl, in the corners the vinyl was stuck with the one that should stay and i was using something pointy to separate them and sometimes my fingers (no force was needed), maybe i need to push a little more the blade? have been cutting greenstar vinyl, this one is orcal 651 and didnt change the blade.

also when it was cutting, i saw the holder vibrate while cutting, thats very weird but the lines were fine in most parts, i noticed a part where it was a little weavy but its fine :P

hehe i just noticed the complete image had more reflection on the hair, when i wield the entire image seems like they disappeared =\ here is the EPS file in zip, its the one i used

Asuka.zip

Looks fine, a pain to edit and a pain to weed.

When I have small stuff to weed I use a pair of tweezers that have been ground to a fine point.... easier.

I would check blade pressure if it`s zig zagging, the graphic doesn`t show zig zag lines.

mark-s

also at 23"x25" there really arent small cuts, were easy to weed (removing the vinyl) but had to split the vinyl while weeding cuz they are all together