GuerillaGraphics

Professional Finished Product

How do vinyl decal companies get their finished product decals cut out so perfectly? Are there any tips for getting a professional looking end product from a sheet of vinyl kiss cut stickers? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1

They use professional grade vinyl cutters such as Graphtecs, Rolands, Summa

Not necessarily. I've had my ecocut for almost 3 years, still in great shape. Never gave me problems and its made its cost back 100 times over. My best advice is to make sure you vectors are very clean and your weeding is precise. Let the machine do its work. You just need to be patient and make sure your work is clean too

Im talking about their finished product. Individually cut out, with the transfer tape on, stacked like a deck of cards.

Paper cutter/trimmer? These can be used to get your finished product to look professional. They cut easily thru

the transfer tape nice and straight and cleanly.

220px-Paper_cutter_1.jpg

• Like 1

Man this is the worst forum ever. Im not an idiot. I understand the process of making the sticker with the machine, as i have one. Im talking about the paper cutting. Somewhat like the trimmer shown above, though not a kindergarten classroom cutter. Any PROFESSIONAL decal makers out their with tips for quickly trimming decals into uniform sizes for client delivery?

Man this is the worst forum ever. Im not an idiot. I understand the process of making the sticker with the machine, as i have one. Im talking about the paper cutting. Somewhat like the trimmer shown above, though not a kindergarten classroom cutter. Any PROFESSIONAL decal makers out their with tips for quickly trimming decals into uniform sizes for client delivery?

here's a clue. The paper cutter pictured is FAR from a kindergarten cutter. Most print shops use them. I use one every day. It wasn't cheap.It is precise and it does the job.

Also, if you want help, insulting people is not the way to get it.

Of course you could go to a PROFESSIONAL shop and ask them. Good luck with that.

Take it easy banner man. My comments were directed at the people advising I use a cutter/plotter. I aknowledged the lever action paper cutter in the image, which i know is not cheap, as i have one as well. I am talking about stack type cutters that cut hundreds of sheets. I am aware of the lever trimmers pros and cons. I want to know how they (PROFESSIONALS) line up sheets of decals and trim large quantities quickly into uniform rectangles.

Actually, for me and my business- I get a fair bit of business, because my customers get to SEE my process, and understand their for the most part, hand made. They appreciate that they are and understand that when I trim a finished decal out, usually with a pair of scissors, its a close square, but not precise.

R1800.jpgThis is what your think of... it's a guillotine stack paper cutter. About 2 grand worth of kit. But the "Pro's or Commercial venders rotary die cut 100's a minute.