Sign in to follow this  
Guest Finishing Touch

Would someone help please Tracing and smoothing

Guest Finishing Touch

The image gets jagged, i trace in Inkscape and save as a EPS to import to SB but it gets jaggy it looks smooth and nice in Inkscape i have been working with node edit to straighten them out but it is making my head hurt, and when i get one section even the other end is screwed i was wondering if there is a way to smooth it out in Inkscape or SB without the node edit? i have Corel and Ai if there is a better way there?

post-7099-0-09215600-1337095180.jpg

Edited by Finishing Touch

Do you have the fonts and just need the swoosh vector?

Guest Finishing Touch

both i was looking for a font similiar and when i skew to give a litttle slant it gets jaggy too thank you for asking

Guest Finishing Touch

I can't tell if you giving advice or not.

Hire someone to do it.

mark-s

I agree, either ask questions in order to do it yourself or hire someone, there's plenty of people that will do it for a small fee... takes money to make money

• Like 1

Guest Finishing Touch

Thank You all for your advice. :)

Guest Finishing Touch

I edited my original post and eliminated the "any one bored " and left only my question? which is

Is there a way to smooth out lines with out node editing?

You have to edit the nodes in order to smooth them, not sure about signblazer, but in inkscape, I know you can select multiple nodes and smooth them... someone will probably chime in on how to do this in signblazer but I only cut with signblazer, and do everything else in inkscape.

This approach will get the job done for you plus you'll learn how to do it yourself. :-) Good Luck!

Guest Finishing Touch

Ok so I get the swoosh smooth as a baby's you know what and save as EPS to import to SB once I get it to SB it comes out jagged is there something i am missing or is this just how it is going to go. Once in SB edit again to desired smoothness?? Is there anoth file format that will import to SB other than EPS?

Guest Finishing Touch

Mark-s Good morning how do i get an .AI file to import?? when i trace in AI image looks ok but when i save it as an AI file it won't open in SB? is there a better program to trace with and edit?

Guest Finishing Touch

This topic has been resolved Thanks to those who helped me I appreciate everyone on this forum without i would not have the business i do today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark-s Good morning how do i get an .AI file to import?? when i trace in AI image looks ok but when i save it as an AI file it won't open in SB? is there a better program to trace with and edit?

When you save it out of AI, you need to save it as a version 8 .eps file. then SignBlazer will open it.