Sign in to follow this  
muibubbles

Is there a "weld" function in inkscape?

So the 2 programs i currently use are inkscape and SBE. In SBE there is a weld function that connects the lines to make them one. I was wondering if there was a function like this similar in inkscape? Basically when i outline an image, i have multiple lines and i want to combine them into one line (ive tried the "combine" command but thats really only "grouping" not actually fusing the lines together)

Does Path + Combine get what you are looking for. The options under Path are going to be your choices for doing what you are looking for.

Path and combine just "groups" it like one piece but doent treat it like one solid line. I am trying to trace a bumper and i made it in multiple passes. now i want to fill it in with a color but i get all kind of unknown geometry.

i ended up removing all the details (headlights and vents) then union worked.. then set the details on the layer on top. I guess there is no real easy way to do it since i drew the whole thing out already lol.

thanks jay!

maybe this will help, lets say i make 3 seperate lines (like a U) and i want to join them together to make one continuous line, how do i do that? i tried path> union and it makes a box inside the "U"

Path >combine. Then click the node icon. Go to each corner where the two lines meet, select the end node of each seperate line . Now choose either "join selected nodes" or "join selected nodes with new segment", whichever one suits what you are doin.