Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Pricing help for 3 inch letters.

I got a guy in Illinois that has a fishing store and he would like to get me to make a bunch of 3 inch letters to sell in the store for people that need them for their boats. He wants like 300 at a time. Can anybody tell me what I could charge for each 3 inch Letter or number.

I think you would be better off to put together a catalog with a few different fonts and make them on an as needed basis. I have a marina here in town that wanted to do the same thing but I talked them into doing it on an order basis... They have 10 different fonts to choose from and I tell them they will have it within 48 hours. Otherwise you just have to figure how many square feet you will be using and what you want to make per square to sell them individually. I like doing them on an order basis because my contact at the marina can usually talk the customer into replacing the MC # and usually the name or adding a name. The end customer usually is happier with this also as it is an easier install for them as opposed to installing each letter and measuring the spacing and lining them all up.

• Like 2

I think you would be better off to put together a catalog with a few different fonts and make them on an as needed basis. I have a marina here in town that wanted to do the same thing but I talked them into doing it on an order basis... They have 10 different fonts to choose from and I tell them they will have it within 48 hours. Otherwise you just have to figure how many square feet you will be using and what you want to make per square to sell them individually. I like doing them on an order basis because my contact at the marina can usually talk the customer into replacing the MC # and usually the name or adding a name. The end customer usually is happier with this also as it is an easier install for them as opposed to installing each letter and measuring the spacing and lining them all up.

Totally agree. The final customer will like this much better. Provide them with a form to fill out for the fishing store to fax or email back to you.

Personally I'd go ahead and make him the 300 if he's willing to pay for them and then follow up with the type of info that the other's suggested. My guess is he wants a bunch of precut letters/numbers that are ready to go but would probably be willing to have a few custom choices.

I do logo updateing, boat naming and CF numbers for a local boat shop and the owner keeps a display with stock letters/numbers but sends me all the custom stuff to deal direct with the customer.

For the 300 I'd probably go 40-50 cents each since the shop I do work for sells them for 89 cents each. Not sure what your customers going rate is in his area.

• Like 1

Personally I'd go ahead and make him the 300 if he's willing to pay for them and then follow up with the type of info that the other's suggested. My guess is he wants a bunch of precut letters/numbers that are ready to go but would probably be willing to have a few custom choices.

I do logo updateing, boat naming and CF numbers for a local boat shop and the owner keeps a display with stock letters/numbers but sends me all the custom stuff to deal direct with the customer.

For the 300 I'd probably go 40-50 cents each since the shop I do work for sells them for 89 cents each. Not sure what your customers going rate is in his area.

Okay thanks it's a small town not a lot of big boats or nothing mostly just for canoes. He wanted them so people can buy them for registration stickers.