mrrask

3m dinoc and pcut creation cutter.

have a little issue with my 3m dinoc film.

i have just bought a brand new creation ct1200e vinyl cutter. have been working with 3m scotch cal 1080 series and oracal foil, but now i have got a sample of 3m dinoc wood finish film, but now the cutter cannot cut through the dinoc film.

i am using a 45 degree standart blade i have tried cutting with max pressure at 255 but without luck.

is it because that my blade i not sharp any longer?

do i use a wrong knife type? should i rather use a 60 degree knife or how can i solve that problem?

thanks in advance :)

You will need the 60 degree blade and have the blade sticking out a little farther than you would on regular vinyl. Pressure should be around 100 if I recall.

okay, thanks, i will buy 60 degree blades tomorrow. right now i have tried with a new 45 degree, now i can cut through, but i need a cutting pressure at 200, which sound very much for me? :/

okay, just to understand it right (still new to the cutter world). when i get my 60 degree blade i have to downgrade the pressure to a lower pressure like 100-150, as you said in the first quote? :)

Yes you can probably bring the pressure down to around that, you will have to experiment a little. Just keep in mind that the Di-noc does tend to dull blades quickly.

okay i better have to buy a few 60 degree blades then ;)

Thanks for quickly and helpful response :)

excately.

I'm from denmark, and here in denmark it is pretty cheap 5 blades cost about 4-500 dkr, which would be about 80-90 usd, so its right ebay is much cheaper :)