greenistheway

Really need help for this quote

Hi I need help, I will be doing my first big job with puttings some Rent me signs and some telephone number in a crane.The job is the following:

two 8x34 (company Name)

two 7x28 ( Rental)

two 8x45 (telephone number)

Two 11x60 ( telephone number)

two 7x60 ( Rent Me)

another two 10x35 ( rent me)

and the bigger one's

four 8x100 (rent me + telephone number)

It will be all in black color, Please someone help me one with this one because I got no clue on how much to charge. Thanks

You just have to figure what you want for labor in setup and what you want per Square in material find the going rate in your area and price accordingly. There are plenty of posts in the forum about what most of us charge per square for different jobs.

For the most part many of us will price it based on several factors, Myself I would advise you to keep it simple just starting. Figure out the cost of your vinyl this will vary depending on how you nest the design in your cutter software. Once you know what the SQ FT is you will be using you have your cost on vinyl. (myself as a rule of thumb I charge $5.00 SQ FT taped and ready to apply). Next do the same for your transfer tape. Add the cost of the vinyl and tape now you have a total cost of materials. Take that number and add what ever markup you feel you want or is fair to get your price to the customer. Double the end cost to cover laber and you should have your finyl cost to the customer. If you need a more detail feel free to PM me and ill try to help you fruther.

There are several good help files on this board that will help even more. One is a XLS spreadsheet I think its ROLL VINYL AND APPLICATION TALE EXPENSE CACLUTATOR. As well some links to web applications to calculate vinyl pricing.

Vinyl Graphics Price Calculator ... http://www.thesignexpert.com/TheSignExpert.com/Sign_Business_Free_RTA_Vinyl_Price_Calculator.html

I hope this helps.

This is where it varies town to town and shop to shop... I charge $10 sq./ft for vinyl taped and ready to go. I do this because the other big shops in town are all between $11.50 and $14.00 per square. On top of this they also charge a set up fee and design fee which on something like this I most likely wouldn't as it's only lettering and sounds like a job where a big bold block font will be perfect. So going by this you have 6,116 Square inches which is roughly 42.472 Sq/FT. which comes out to $424.72. Now you have to look at the install. How accessible is the surface you have install these on? Do you need ladders and a few extra hands? How smooth is the area you are applying to? How clean is it? With that you will just have to figure out an hourly rate. I know what it takes me to install long runs like that so I just figure it at $35/hr while at my shop and $45 an hour if I have to travel to location.

I would be around 150$ in vinyl PER unit, then about 2 hours per unit @ 40$ per hour... Plus misc supplies... Even if their clean- I would be cleaning surfaces twice more with vinyl prep such as rapid prep or rapid tac etc... then laying vinyl and whatnot.