Sign in to follow this  
Gripy

Cant see parts of my image in Signcut

Im making my vector .EPS from TIFF and JPEG files in adobe il using the auto trace method with settings manually tweeked. When i open my images in SC it almost always tells me i have duplicate objects. If i delete them it ruins my image and if i dont it cuts fine. But my images always display wrong in the pannel, parts missing or parts filled in that should be empty. This makes it hard to add weed lines. Whats the deal?

The problem is that your design should be clean in Illi when you send it to SC,

All possible problems should be handled there.

If that is not the case you have to study Illi more.

SC is just a cut tool (plug in) not a design tool.

SC will show if lines are duplicated (whow........) and can remove them if required (nice).

So that is an option which tell you your work is not perfect but it can be cut.

Paco

Im defintly not a pro when it comes to ill or any other design program. Your explanation doesnt really help tho sorry lol. Im sure i will firgure it out eventually.

There is no fixed answer with the information you supplied. :-(

There is no sample file attached!

No supported image or screenshot of the problem!

I am not a PRO either and learned by try and error. I do not know Illi as I use coreldraw but in general the trick stays the same. If your design is not ready for SC you have to work on it first in Illi. I do not know if Illi is good with working with layers but try to seperate your design and switch layers on and off.

Send parts of your deisgn to SC and see where the problem is.

First try to understand converting bitmap to vector and the limitations of this. (you already found a few of them) :-)

Check first the design in Illy for duplicate lines and fills.

If removing duplicate lines destroys your design then you have to work on this technique first.

Bitmap to vector conversion is always try and error and clean up.

VectorMagic for example is one of the best but still you need to clean up and check the conversion.

If your new to this start with simpel designs to understand Illi and SC separate.

Then step up bit by bit in difficulty of the design.

Paco

• Like 1

CRD (PACO) has steered me in the right direction on a few occasions. I would IMO take everything he advises and rethink things thru. You'll quickly as I have found in the past find resolutions easily by doing this even though at the time it seems impossible. Usually it is some minor step we neglect to cover in the basic steps and principles of designing , cleaning up and finally a clean vectorizing of our artwork that will get us going more smoothly. So Goodluck

• Like 1