jumpink

Bubble free installation?

No matter what I try I seem to get bubbles during application. I use rapid-tac for a wet install and I use low tack paper application which I wet before removing. I squeegie from the center out but I cannot do an install that is free of bubbles. Do you guys have a method for applying without bubbles? Any help would be great.

so...i thought you couldn't (or maybe just shouldn't) use clear tape for a wet application? that second video contradicts what I have read (but sadly, have not tried for myself...lesson learned!)

so...i thought you couldn't (or maybe just shouldn't) use clear tape for a wet application? that second video contradicts what I have read (but sadly, have not tried for myself...lesson learned!)

I wouldn't attempt it. And I've been doing this for 8 years. Why he sprayed the tape after he applied and squeegeed leads me to believe that maybe that is a different type of clear tape than what we get here.Semi permeable,maybe.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I now know that I have laying down vinyl the wrong way. I would center hinge, remove the liner, then use my big squeegie to push the vinyl down while holding it at an angle. Finished a banner virtually bubble free. Thanks again.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I now know that I have laying down vinyl the wrong way. I would center hinge, remove the liner, then use my big squeegie to push the vinyl down while holding it at an angle. Finished a banner virtually bubble free. Thanks again.

Sounds like you've figured most of your issue out. One other thing I'll point out (that Banner John told me a few years ago). Make sure whatever surface you are laying your banner on, while applying the vinyl, is rigid. I was using my pool table with terrible results, then I started using a piece of plywood under the banner and that really helped a lot.

azdecals

Maybe that is why coroplast always gives me a hard time. Someone said they never do a wet install with coroplast.

so forgive the noob, John or anyone can answer, what is the advantages of applying wet? can you move it around like window tinting? are there only certain types of vinyl you can apply wet?

okay so more than one answer lol. thx for whoever reply.

being able to reposition it is the biggest advantage..and you tend to get much less bubbles if any at all,when doing wet.

Oracal does not recommend doing wet with certain types of Cast vinyl..you can look on their website for which ones.

The main advantage I guess,is that it gives the beginner an extra edge. The more you do it wet,the more experience you get,and eventually you can move to dry with more confidence.