Sign in to follow this  
PTS

MH721 stops partway thru cutting

I have Vista using Corel 12, send to SignCut. Sometimes I cut all day without issue, others it will cut part of the design then just stop. I reset and/or cycle the power and try again and it will stop in a different place. Very random.

I have the 4MB chip in it, these are not large or complicated designs (usually just lettering for vehicles).

The cutter and stand are well grounded and sitting on sheet of particle board to keep it off the carpet and limit static.

Some days its error free all day, other days it just doesnt feel like working.

Thanks Skeeter, Ill definitely try the keyspan. Its not an issue of old data, I just turned it on to cut something and it does it. This is just a home business/hobby so I only cut 1 or 2 days a week for an hour or 2. Like I said its very random, some days no issues, other days nothing but hassles. It also sometimes gets a good 1/4" off when cutting sections, they just dont line up.

Ill get a keyspan and see if a better connection solves m issues.

Thanks Skeeter, Ill definitely try the keyspan. Its not an issue of old data, I just turned it on to cut something and it does it. This is just a home business/hobby so I only cut 1 or 2 days a week for an hour or 2. Like I said its very random, some days no issues, other days nothing but hassles. It also sometimes gets a good 1/4" off when cutting sections, they just dont line up.

Ill get a keyspan and see if a better connection solves m issues.

Also if on a stand, make sure you ground the cutter to the stand.